Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do we really "deserve"?

Romans 3:10 - As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one"

How many times do we get caught up in thinking things like "I'm basically a good person" or "that person is good, I hope he gets what he deserves"? I do, I think we all do at some point.

But "there is no one righteous, not even one"; no matter how good we think we or someone else is, we have to remember that our definition of good comes in comparison to others in this world and not based on God's laws and God's expectations.

Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

I don't want what I deserve; because of my sin I only deserve hell. But by the Grace of God...

Romans 3:24 - and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.

Through Jesus Christ I am freely gifted salvation and forgiveness of my sin; through faith in Jesus I won't get what I deserve. Through faith we are justified...

Romans 5:1-5 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace which we now stand. And we rejoice in the the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

The good news is that we won't get what we deserve...that we don't have to do anymore than place our faith in Jesus.

I pray today that you will find peace and rejoice in His free gift of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment