Monday, November 29, 2010

Do you love as Jesus would want you to?

Do you love as Jesus would want you to love?  I've been reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan and found it challenging me in some very good ways.  One exercise was to look at 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in a different way.  Read the passage again...

"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.  It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Now replace the word Love with your name and read it again.

It changes things doesn't it.  

Am I patient?  Am I kind?  Do I envy?  Do I boast?  Am I arrogant and proud? Am I rude or self-seeking?  Am I easily angered?  Do I keep a record of wrongs?  Do I rejoice in wrong doing?  Do I rejoice in the truth?  Do I always protect those I love?  Do I always persevere?

We are called to love one another by Jesus.  If this passage is the definition of what love is, how are YOU doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment