Friday, February 18, 2011

I can do everything...

Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Do you believe these words?

Do you believe that if we are in Him, that through Him we have the strength to overcome anything?

This last week I've been thinking a lot about how the progression of the character Neo in the movie The Matrix is similar to the progression I have gone through...maybe it's similar to yours.

He starts out just like everybody else, consumed and part of the world.  He feels like there has got to be more, like there has to be something else.  He starts seeking that something more, he starts to get glimpses, starts to make contact with those that seem to have figured things out.  He takes a plunge and enters into another world.  He is told who he is, given his identity...he doesn't believe...but he keeps pressing in and learning more.  He begins to believe...realizing he is more than he has been...he begins to confront his problems head on.  It's not easy, he takes a beating...but he builds confidence, strength and trust in who he is.  And then he believes..."No!" and the bullets of the enemy stop...

Philippians 3:12-14 - Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do; forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

The point for me is that it's a journey, a journey that each and everyone one of us are walking...but when we truly believe in who we are in Him, in Christ and we live out lives accordingly by forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead...we can overcome anything and everything.

I can do every everything through Him who gives me strength!

Where are you in your journey?  Do you believe these words?

Lord, today I pray that You would help our unbelief.  Guide us to healing and forgiveness so we can truly forget whats behind and strain toward what is ahead.  Help us to see where we are in our journey and to know our part in Your great story.  In the name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment