Monday, March 14, 2011

Opposed

My wife and I had a really lovely time yesterday afternoon.  The sun was out, the kids were off doing things teenagers do at the mall, so we decided to head down and find a bench by the river and just enjoy the spring weather.  We had talked about doing a 40 days of prayer as a couple and as we sat on the bench we made a list of people and circumstances that we wanted to pray for in the next 40 days.  It was really a great time.

Just a short couple hours later as we were planning on doing something as a family, one little thing, some miss-communication and our daughter, my wife and I are all mad and upset with each other.  

As I look back on it this morning, I see it for what it was.  I'm pretty sure that our enemy doesn't want my wife and I to be of one mind, focused in prayer on the same people and circumstances for 40 days.  The fruit that could come from that prayer in the form of God working in our lives and in those we are praying for...is not something our enemy wants to happen.  So we are opposed.

Satan doesn't like it when we make progress in our walk with Jesus.  When you feel like your making headway spiritually, it always feels like another part of your life is falling apart.

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."

Psalm 31:24 - Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.

When you feel opposed, take heart and place your hope securely in the Lord.  He is with you and just as He has pursued you...pursue Him, seek Him...and He will strengthen you.

Would you consider doing 40 days of prayer with your spouse?  If not, why?

Lord, today I pray for the marriages represented by those reading this.  I pray that you would bring peace to each of them, I pray you would strengthen each of them in your Word and in prayer.  Help us to grow closer together as we grow closer to You, together.  In Jesus's Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment