Thursday, August 27, 2009

Warrior at Heart Retreat - August 2009

We just returned from our August Retreat this last weekend. As with any retreat or conference type event when you get back you start looking at what went well, what didn't go so well, what can we make better, etc... I have to be honest I was actually beating my self up about how things went for me over the weekend.

But a few days into this week and I am now seeing the fruit that the weekend has produced. I've received awsome emails, saw multiple men who attended the retreat and were affected mightily, I've seen mens hearts changed.

I think we sometimes forget that God is in control. While something we do or are involved with may not seem like it was very good in our eyes, God is looking at it from a whole different perspective. And if we are listening to Him, he will show us just how affective He has made it.

You see for me...I saw areas where I can improve in how I handle things at our Warrior at Heart Retreats. I started beating myself up, but God said no, "It is what it is because it's exactly what I needed it to be at this time and in this place."

We need to remember that God can work anything and everything to His benefit and if anything was any different the fruit of what happened would be different. God is in control and He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment