Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Need a Savior

When I woke up the other day the first words through my mind that made sense were "I need a Savior". This isn't the first time I've woke to these words. I know they are from a song, but I can't really remember the rest of the song...but these words have stuck with me.

But it's so true. I do need a Savior. Why? Because without a Savior I am lost, I'm just a man and I make mistakes, I need a Savior if I'm going to get out of this physical life the right way. So what does having a Savior give me? Eternal life, relationship with the Father, forgiveness of my sins, a part in the larger story, love, mercy, grace, kindness, direction and on and on.

As I look at that list I realize that I don't just need a Savior, I want a Savior. I want those things in my life. You see we all need a Savior. The problem is that we all don't want a Savior.

Does God want us to follow Him or does he need us to follow Him? He wants us to follow Him. He is the God of the universe, He doesn't need anything. But He wants us because He loves us.

So the question isn't do you need a Savior? We know the answer to that...The question is do you want a Savior? Because the Savior wants YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I need a Savior too Joe. Who else can save me from myself? Who else can give me the love I so desperately need to survive this life? No one but Jesus!
    I have actually begun to dream again. Before, I had died, but now my heart has begun to come back to life and dream of a purpose filled life. My heart of stone has become a heart of flesh! I now see the possibilities not the dead end anymore! Praise God! He has saved me!!

    ReplyDelete