Monday, August 16, 2010

"...and developing..."

Last week I ended with the Warrior at Heart Ministry vision statement.  This week I want to start with it:

"Battling to heal and free men's hearts by inspiring and developing men to be the leaders and stewards God intended us to be...through the power of Christ's love."


As most of you know, we have recently added the words "and developing" to this statement.  To be honest, as a leader in WAHM these new words have lots of things rumbling around in my head.  I'm more of a detail kind of guy and the "how do we do that?" question has been loud and echoing in my head since we were "inspired" to add those words.
 
If I'm really being honest, I've been fearful of the consequences of "and developing".  The immediate consequences have been spiritual warfare, the future consequences might mean more time requirements on leadership, more commitment, etc...
 
But as I was reading the vision statement this morning, I felt the Lord was telling me to not be afraid.  He inspired "and developing" and He would handle the "how do we do that?".  Then I also noticed something I hadn't before.  The statement is cyclical, as we "...battle to heal and free men's hearts by inspiring and developing men to be the leaders and stewards God intended..." we are creating more men to do the same.
 
Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
 
If God is with us...who can be against us...
 
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
 
It's time to become "thoroughly equipped for every good work".

No comments:

Post a Comment