Sunday, August 1, 2010

Colossians 3:12-14

Colossians 3:12 - Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

As God's chosen people how do you clothe yourselves?  Sure I clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, but I also tend to put on other things as well.  I often put on things that aren't in agreement with this list.  I sometimes am unkind, intolerant, inpatient and not compassionate.  How about you?

Colossians 3:13 - Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

I find when I've clothed myself with the wrong things that it's difficult to bear with others and the things they do.  I find it hard to forgive.

Colossians 3:14 - And over all of these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Wow...on top of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience I also need to put on love?

To be honest I all to often find it easier to show myself as compassionate, kind, humble and patient with those that I don't love.  I seem to lose these things when dealing with the people I love most.  Do you?

Today I pray that God helps us clothe ourselves with the right stuff.  I pray that He gives us compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience for all people we encounter, but especially for those who we tend to take for granted.  I pray he shows us the grievances we are carrying and how to lay them down and forgive.  I pray Jesus shows us the guilt we are carrying and how to lay it down at the foot of his cross.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment