Monday, May 9, 2011

Go do it!

Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me." - Isaiah 6:8

How many times have you been in church and heard a call to help or serve from the pastor...and decided that it wasn't you who they were looking for, it wasn't your calling, it wasn't what the Lord wanted you to do, or that you  just didn't have the time?

If you have spent much time in church you have probably done this many, many times. Something  I have heard before and have found to be true is the 80/20 rule as it applies to church. That 20% of the people do 80% of the work (or more). If this is truly the case, that means that a lot more people than not take the stance that it's not them that are being called to help or serve.

Several years ago, I attended my first Warrior at Heart Camp, at the end of that camp the question went out..."if any one would be interested in helping". My hand shot up and I got involved. Getting involved has been one of the best things I have ever done. It has helped me in my walk with the Lord, it has helped me grow  spiritually, it has given me confidence and brought out leadership abilities in me...that I never knew I had.

Where is God calling you to serve? Why aren't you doing it yet?

In Matthew 28:19 Jesus says "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

That's not a question...that is not a request.

In Matthew 28:19 our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is telling you what he wants you to do.

Now go do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment