Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Annoying Circumstances...

This last weekend was NightVision 2011 and the family and I really enjoyed it. Hanging out with family and friends hearing some great music, it was definitely a good time.

At one point though I found myself distracted, irritated. I was annoyed with a circumstance of our surroundings, I wasn't focusing on the blessing of being at a huge FREE christian concert. I was focusing on some little insignificant thing, and for a while was missing the whole point of even being there.

Has that ever happened to you?

Luckily God got a hold of me and pointed out what I was doing, I gave the annoying circumstance to Him and started focusing on Him again.

The following day while ushering at church, God showed me another example of this same thing, I noticed a man sitting out in the lobby during worship looking frustrated. I approached him and found that his frustration was about worship, like me the day before, he was letting things that annoyed him about how things were handled in church keep him from worshipping the God he loves.

So today I wonder...What is going on in your life that is keeping you from focusing on God? Where in your life have you let minor, insignificant circumstances keep you from worshiping, praying, or accepting what Jesus has planned for you?

Lord, today I ask that you would reveal to us where we have been distracted and deceived, where we have let OUR attitudes, beliefs and traditions get in the way of what You have for us. Lord reveal to us YOUR attitudes and beliefs, instill in our hearts YOUR love, grace and mercy. Help us to remove that which hinders so that we can freely come before You and worship you the way You deserve to be worshipped. In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment