Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What are you focused on?

To often I catch myself being so focused on my current circumstances that I stop looking to Him. When I'm focusing on what's happening in my life I get more selfish, I become more self reliant... My circumstances begin to dictate my attitude, my focus intensifies and then I just go deeper into depression over what's happening in my life. I focus on the negative, and can't see the positive.

But when I focus on Him, when I change my focus from me to Him, what he has done, what he is calling me to...when I change my 'me' centered focus to a God centered focus, everything changes...everything in me that is. My circumstances don't change, the bad things still happen...but how I feel about those 'things' change tremendously. Suddenly the problems become much smaller, they become bearable and eventually get resolved or just go away.

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"

Today I encourage you to take heart, focus on what Jesus has done for you, what Jesus has promised you. Find peace in today's hustle and bustle world by making Him the center yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment