Friday, January 21, 2011

Are you dong YOUR part?

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world."

When I look around today I see a lot of men who have trouble.  When I look in the mirror, I see a man who has trouble.  It should be no surprise, Jesus himself said that "in this world you will have trouble".

But he also said that "in me you may have peace".  Are you finding or living that peace today?  Notice the word "may".  Now why do you think he used that word instead of "will"?

I decided to look up the definition of "may" and here is what I found:
  • to indicate that permission is granted
  • to indicate possibility
  • to indicate ability or capacity
  • to express a strong wish
I think all of these apply.  Jesus has given us permission to find peace in Him.  Jesus has made it possible to find peace in Him.  Jesus has given us the ability to find peace in Him.  Jesus wants us, wishes we would find peace in Him.

So why are we not finding or living in that peace today?  I'd like to suggest that Jesus has done all He needs to do.  The question then; are we doing all we need to do?

Are you guarding your heart? - Proverbs 4:23
Are you confessing your sins? - 1 John 1:9, James 5:16
Have you repented? - Luke 5:32, Matthew 3:8
Are you walking the walk? - 2 John 1:6, Colossians 3:7

Are you dong YOUR part?  It's not too late to start.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment