Monday, January 10, 2011

I stand at the door and knock.

Revelation 3:20 - Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

I'm sure most of us have read or heard these words some where along the way.  I'm also guessing that many of us haven't felt like these words applied to us.  Always saying something like, "I've already accepted Christ, I've already opened the door."

But what I find interesting is that these words come in a warning to the church in Laodicea.  These words are directed toward a church, a body of people who believe.  A body of people who have accepted Christ, but according to Christ's own words "I know your deeds, that you were neither cold or hot.  I wish you were either one or the other!" (Revelation 3:15)

So even if you have been a believer for a long time, even if you have attended church for your entire life...could Jesus be standing outside your life...knocking and you are not hearing His voice?  Or maybe you are hearing His voice and yet...you still are not answering?

Why?  What's keeping your door shut?  What's keeping you from hearing His voice?

Is it fear, guilt or shame from what you've done or what has been done to you?  Is it pride or arrogance?  What is it that is keeping you from turning to Jesus?

Jesus loves you just as you are and is calling you back into his arms.  He is standing waiting for you to open the door to Him, so that he can make you whole, and turn you lose in this life as He meant for you to be.

Lord I pray that we who already profess to be Your people, will listen and obey Your calling.  That we will step out in faith, knowing you have plans to prosper us, plans for our good.  Lord I pray today that we would learn to lay down our lives, our worries, our plans, our fears and doubts...and focus on what You have for us.  Lord thank You for the many blessings we have already received, may we not take those for granted and turn to You today.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment