Tuesday, November 24, 2009

God is with you.

When you look at the circumstances you are in, are you confident that God is with you?

I know people right now that are going through some of worst times of their lives and I know people going through some of the best times of their lives and many in between. Who is God with? Those suffering or those who appear to be receiving blessing? He is with both.

When I look back on my life during the times I have struggled I've many times cried out to God and asked why He wasn't with me. I perceived that in struggle that He wasn't with me. When I look at some of the best times of my life, I was sure that He was with me.

He is with us always and in every circumstance we face; both good and bad. But we don't act like it...do we? When things are bad we become depressed, angry, we withdraw, we go to those old familiar vices for comfort...instead of relying on God who is right there walking with us.

We were never promised a life without troubles:

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

We will have trouble, we will have tough circumstances in this life. If we put our hope, our trust and our confidence in Him, we can find peace during trying times. Finding peace during trouble is the difference between being that shining light on the hill that draws others to you and to Him and being a loud banging gong that pushes others away from you and possibly from Him.

My question for you today: What would somebody in my/your circumstances do if they were absolutely confident that God was with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment