Monday, November 2, 2009

He has a plan. - Jeremiah 29:11-14

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity."

The LORD has a plan for each and everyone of our lives. The Lord is declaring through Jeremiah that He already knows His plans.

Things to think about:
  • Plans to prosper you and not harm you. - Prosper? I wonder what he meant here? One definition I found was simply "to make happy". I think many of us translate "prosper" to our material money. I don't think that is what he had in mind.
  • Plans to give you hope and a future. - Is the hope he is talking about Jesus and the future everlasting life?
  • Then you will call on me... - Given our sin how can we call on the Father? Only through Jesus.
  • You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - What does that look like? How many times in your life have you ever done anything with all your heart?

When I look at times when I've done something with all my heart, there have been other areas in my life that suffered. When the company I work for was a start up, I put my heart into it. I worked whatever hours were needed to get done what needed done. My family suffered for it. When I have put my heart completely into Warrior at Heart, my family and my job have suffered for it. When I put my heart completely into my family...then everything else suffers.

Given these examples in my life and the fact that I want to find a balance in all things...I wonder can I give my heart fully to anyone thing? Maybe the answer to finding balance is really giving my heart fully to the One; the One who can help me with all the rest.

Lord I pray that we can learn to give it all to You so that Your plans in our lives can be fulfilled.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe!

    Thanks for the devotion today.

    Balance. Wouldn't we love to have the perfect mix of this? This is a tough task for wounded and calloused hearts. Allowing GOD to fully mold and shape the depths of our being. Heck, I sat in church this sunday and watched sick people being prayed over for healing and receiving it and really giving hope to my own heart that GOD is still active in HIS church. I still walked out not really certain that what I just witnessed was real.

    I spoke with my wife after service and had a very specific discussion regarding what we both just witnessed and we both stated the obvious that we believe GOD can still heal people but deep down in our hearts we still had question marks.

    Is this from being raised in a church in my early years that believed that the Acts church is no longer relevant today but only then??? Or is it that my heart is so hardened that I can't really see GOD at work anymore or that when the SPIRIT is moving I can't even tell it is real???

    LORD break me and give me the ability to fully give you all of my heart! Mold me into a balanced man of GOD for your glory and not mine! Forgive me of unbelief and allow me to experience your presence and put my hope in you and not myself! Help me to stop living for mans glory but for yours alone!

    Unbalanced and in need of rotation,

    Kevin K

    ReplyDelete